Zacks Market Edge Highlights: Lululemon, Gap, Five Below, At Home and Ollie???s
For Immediate Release
Chicago, IL – December 6, 2018 – Zacks Market Edge is a podcast hosted weekly by cks Stock Strategist Tracey Ryniec. Every week, Tracey will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life. To listen to the podcast, click here:
Please use the Soundcloud link from this URL for the PR. Thanks: https://www.zacks.com/stock/news/341384/retail-stocks-with-big-growth-plans)
Retail Stocks with Big Growth Plans
Welcome to Episode #157 of the Zacks Market Edge Podcast.
Every week, host and Zacks stock strategist, Tracey Ryniec, will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life.
In this episode, Tracey is joined by Zacks Editor Maddy Johnson to discuss what’s going on in the retail industry.
Who’s Winning in Retail?
Every year, the two discuss the ins and outs of the retail industry during the all-important holiday season.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday were successes in 2018 as shoppers turned out in force to nab the deals. Apparel is a big item this year which is the first time Americans have set out to buy new clothes during the holiday season in years.
But this year for the podcast, they wanted to focus on retailers that aren’t in every mall across America. It can often take decades for a retailer to expand across just the United States, not to mention internationally.
Who are the retailers with the big growth plans that investors should know about?
5 Retailers with Big Expansion Plans
1. Lululemon LULU has only just begun to tap its possible market. The maker of men’s and women’s athleisure clothes and accessories continues to build out its stores across the United States and internationally. Its men’s business is hot and a growing source of revenue. With a P/E of 39, it’s back to trading as a growth stock.
2. Gap GPS has been around for decades so what is it doing in this podcast? It’s athleisure chain, Athleta, continues to expand as it adds stores across the United States. Additionally, it recently launched a men’s segment called Hill City to tap that lucrative market. Because of weakness in its other, larger, brands, Gap trades with a forward P/E of just 10.9.
3. Five Below, Inc. FIVE has been one of the hottest retailers in 2018 as shares are up over 50% year-to-date. This value concept store for kids and teens has expanded to 725 stores in 33 states. That leaves it plenty of room for further expansion. It’s not cheap, with a forward P/E of 42, but you’re buying the growth.
4. At Home Group HOME has 150 stores in 30 states and specializes in home accessory products. This retail segment has been hot as Americans have been spending on their homes during the last few years. Shares are down 13% year-to-date and trade with a forward P/E of 22. It’s reporting earnings this week.
5. Ollie’s Bargain Outlet Holdings, Inc. OLLI has been one of this year’s best performing retailers. Shares are up 66% year-to-date but unless you live on the east coast, you probably have never heard of them. It now has 300 stores, however, and continues to expand. But it’s no bargain stock as it trades with a forward P/E of 51. Is the growth worth the price?
What other retailers are in expansion, and not contraction, mode?
Find out all about the retailers on a growth streak on this week’s podcast.
Today’s Stocks from Zacks’ Hottest Strategies
It’s hard to believe, even for us at Zacks. But while the market gained +21.9% in 2017, our top stock-picking screens have returned +115.0%, +109.3%, +104.9%, +98.6%, and +67.1%.
And this outperformance has not just been a recent phenomenon. Over the years it has been remarkably consistent. From 2000 – 2017, the composite yearly average gain for these strategies has beaten the market more than 19X over. Maybe even more remarkable is the fact that we’re willing to share their latest stocks with you without cost or obligation.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/zacksresearch
Zacks Investment Research is under common control with affiliated entities (including a broker-dealer and an investment adviser), which may engage in transactions involving the foregoing securities for the clients of such affiliates.
Zacks Investment Research
800-767-3771 ext. 9339
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Inherent in any investment is the potential for loss. This material is being provided for informational purposes only and nothing herein constitutes investment, legal, accounting or tax advice, or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold a security. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. It should not be assumed that any investments in securities, companies, sectors or markets identified and described were or will be profitable. All information is current as of the date of herein and is subject to change without notice. Any views or opinions expressed may not reflect those of the firm as a whole. Zacks Investment Research does not engage in investment banking, market making or asset management activities of any securities. These returns are from hypothetical portfolios consisting of stocks with Zacks Rank = 1 that were rebalanced monthly with zero transaction costs. These are not the returns of actual portfolios of stocks. The S&P 500 is an unmanaged index. Visit https://www.zacks.com/performance for information about the performance numbers displayed in this press release.
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Ollie’s Bargain Outlet Holdings, Inc. (OLLI): Free Stock Analysis Report
At Home Group Inc. (HOME): Free Stock Analysis Report
The Gap, Inc. (GPS): Free Stock Analysis Report
lululemon athletica inc. (LULU): Free Stock Analysis Report
Five Below, Inc. (FIVE): Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research